Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

June 28th, 1937

 
Wow. The school is finally over. I cannot explain how much I wanted this day to come. I am now free from trying to understand Miss Caroline, even though I gave that up long long time ago, to be honest. There’s no need for me suffer, lying about reading with Atticus. I didn’t know that lying was such a hard thing to do when you do it every day. Today, Dill came back to Maycomb. I was so glad to see him. He said that he has helped his dad engineer the train. We all know it isn’t quite true, but Jem should not have pointed that out in front of Dill. Dill must have been a bit embarrassed. Since Dill came, we needed some sort of play, so we decided to make a play about Boo Radley. I don’t really like the idea of “Boo Radley Play”. First of all, when I rolled into the Radley’s yard when we were spinning tires, I heard someone laughing from the house. It is true that I was all dizzy and nauseated, but still, I am pretty sure about that laugh. It is very possible that it was Boo Radley, which freaks me out. Secondly, Atticus does not want us doing anything related to Boo Radley. When Atticus asked us if we were playing about Boo Radley, Jem lied to him that we were not, and Atticus only said we weren’t. This suggests to me that Atticus already knows that we actually are making a play about Boo Radley. I hope we would stop this to prevent Atticus’s disappointment and madness towards us, but Jem doesn’t seem to stop it. By the way, something strange started happening to me and Jem. It was me at first who discovered the gum in the knot-hole on the oak at the edge of the Radley lot. I just thought that someone hid it there or something. However, I thought it might have been intended for me or Jem when there was another gum in the know-hole, and also a small box with Indian-heads in it, which me and Jem found together. Is it possible that it is Boo who is putting those in? Maybe it is a coincidence, but there is almost no one who passes by the Radley place…… I hope we will figure it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment