Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

August 16th, 1938

I am so worried about Atticus. Atticus tells me not to worry, that Ewell has got his vengefulness out of the system so he won’t cause any troubles. But Aunt Alexandra certainly doesn’t think so that way, and for the first time, I think she is right. As Aunty said, Bob Ewell is crazy enough to do anything. I hope nothing happens to Atticus.
Jem is now acting as if he is an all grown man. I guess Atticus is happy with that since I heard them talking about difficult stuff. I think they were talking about the legal system or something like that. I heard Atticus say that one of the juries wanted to acquit, and that guy was Mr. Cunningham. I was a bit surprised to hear this, but anyways, I was glad to hear this and wanted to invite Walter Cunningham to our house. However, when I told Aunt Alexandra about this, her answer was no, telling me that the Finches are not supposed to hang out with those trash. But Cunningham is no trash! He is one of my friends, and his father is a person who knows justice. I was so mad at Aunt Alexandra. She is extremely mean. When Jem realized that I was angry, he stopped me, which was a bit annoying, since I don’t like Jem acting as if he is an adult.
Jem took me to his room, and showed me his chest hair. I think he considered it as some kind of proof as growing up as an adult. To be honest, I thought it was a little bit cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment